If you're one of the lucky nurses who snags a spot to this experience, you'll be treated to AirBnB's top-rated virtual experience: Sangria and Secrets with Drag Queens. This 90-minute sangria-making and drag show phenomenon is chock full of joy, fun, and Portugal's best sangria.
About Sangria & Secrets with Drag Queens:
Grab your favorite device, go to your couch, or kitchen, and get ready for the most amazing interactive livestream ever created!
This is so much more than a live cocktail class. Fabulous Drag Queens from Drag Taste will teach you how to make the most authentic, fresh, and delicious Portuguese sangria, all from scratch, step by step! They will not only share this traditional secret recipe, but they'll also be serving up a unique live performances on stage! It’ll be a cabaret-style digital cocktail class you’ll never forget. Get ready for fireworks, smoke effects, lights, and AMAZING costumes that they've created, especially for you! It's time for you to dance, laugh, and cheer. Embrace these times with positivity and relax with us!
Once we finish the sangria we’ll hang out, toast to life, talk about Lisbon, drag culture, answer questions, and more!
Must read: A word about RSVPs for this event
RSVPs are limited for this super special experience, so please only RSVP if you are 100% certain you can make it.
If you RSVP and you cannot make it, please "un-RSVP" so the next person on the waitlist can attend!
This event is only for nurses. They've earned it, so please don't steal a spot from a nurse who has worked their butt off this year and has earned this joyful experience (and so much more).
The Zoom link to enter this event will be emailed to confirmed RSVP'd guests on Wednesday, December 16 so check your email so you can enter the event at the proper time.
Do you want to be an “Apron Guest” or a “Popcorn Guest?” Popcorn Guests will be relaxing and taking in the show, and Apron Guests will be making sangria and enjoying the show. If you want to be an Apron Guest and make the surely delicious sangria, here’s what you’ll want to have on hand.
1. 1 bottle of Champagne or choose your favorite type of wine (red, rose, white or green), it is really up to you and your personal preference.
2. 1 can of soda (like 7-up, Sprite, lime sparkling water, or soda).
3. Fruits: 3 oranges, 3 lemons, and 2 apples are the ones we will use, but you can use others, like strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, pears, mango, tangerines, etc... although the lemon is important.
4. Sangria Syrup: We will be cooking Sangria Syrup together! Portuguese Sangria syrup has 5 main ingredients: 5 tbsp of brown sugar, 3 cinnamon sticks, a handful of fresh mint, fresh ginger (2-3 inches/5cm), zest of 1 lemon, and a cup of water. If you don't have the 5 ingredients it is fine, but you can use variations: basil instead of mint, anis instead of cinnamon, etc.
5. Ice cubes
6. Citric Liquor: We use a Portuguese liquor, like Lico Beirão, Ginjinha, and Port Wine, but you can use Triple Sec or Cointreau.
7. Strong Alcohol: We will also use a bit of vodka, but you can also use whiskey, rum, tequila, gin or something else you might have, we will guide you through.
*If someone in your home wants the non-alcoholic version, you can easily make virgin sangria — the same recipe and use grape juice, grapefruit or iced tea instead of alcohol! It’s delicious and everybody loves it, even kids!
1. Small saucepan or a small pot
2. Large spoon
3. Cutting board
4. Chef’s knife
5. Large Jar or Large Pot or Large Bowl (3 liters minimum)
6. Mortar & pestle
We’ll be sending out the recipe after the fact, so don’t feel like you have to write it all down! Thanks for all you do.